Resources for learning about service worker and progressive webapps in no particular order.
- Instant Loading Web Apps With An Application Shell Architecture
- Using Service Workers
- The Service Worker Cookbook is a collection of working, practical examples of using service workers in modern web apps
- Introducing Pokedex.org: a progressive webapp for Pokémon fans
- Chrome devsummit videos
- sw-precache: A node module to generate service worker code that will precache specific resources.
- sw-toolbox: A collection of tools for service workers
Examples & source
Nolan Lawson’s progressive web apps list (source)
- Service Worker - offline support for the web
- Progressive apps - high-res icon, splash screen, no URL bar, etc.
- FLIP animations - flexible 60FPS animations
- IndexedDB/WebWorkers - non-blocking sync and storage
- High-perf networking - fast even on 2G